- 1 cup stout (such as Guinness)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup reserved stout
- •Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x9x2" metal baking pan with foil, leaving a 2" overhang.
- In a small sauce pan bring stout to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool. ¼ cup will be used in the brownies and the other ¼ cup will be used in the glaze.
- Stir 12 oz. chocolate and 1 cup butter in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture, then 1/4 cup stout from pan.
- Add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until surface begins to crack and a tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 35–40 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Stir 4 oz. chocolate chips in a medium bowl set over a sauce-pan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Add reserved 1/4 cup reduced stout; whisk until well blended.
- Pour warm glaze over brownies. Let stand at room temperature until glaze is set, about 40 minutes.
- Using foil overhang, lift brownie from pan; cut into squares. Enjoy!